main pack fabrics
• ultra weave- click on this link for a detailed description of ultra weave.
• gridstop- 210d nylon/uhmwpe ripstop. the white grid is the uhmwpe which gives this fabric a lot of tensile strength. although this fabric has uhmwpe in it, we don’t call it ultra grid. mostly because the ultralight world has been calling this fabric “gridstop” for a long time. we usually offer a gridstop variation for every pack. gridstop tends to be the most durable for long term use. this is beacuse the fabric can stretch very slightly which makes it able to spread a heavy load very effeciently.
• robic nylon- this is the lightest material we use for our packs. robic nylon uses a high tenacity yarn that is more resistant to abrasion than standard nylon.
• ultra mesh- nylon, uhmwpe, and spandex blend. we developed this mesh with our fabric mill in korea. this mesh is extremely durable and stretches a good amount.
• 210d ripstiop nylon- standard ripstop nylon with a pu-coating.
• 3d mesh- standard breathable mesh that has some padding to it. used on the underside of shoulder straps.
• evazote foam- 3/8 inch closed cell foam for shoulder straps.
• nylon webbing- strap material used in various widths. mostly 15 mm.
• plastic buckles- used in various sizes for chest straps and hip belt.
• g hook- alumunum hook in the shape of the letter “g” that’s used to close the top of the pack.
terms to know
• uhmwpe- ultra high molecular weight polyethylene. if a product has "ultra" in the name it is short for uhmwpe.
• pu coating- polyurethane coating to provide water resistance.
• laminate- a material that has multiple layers bonded together by heat and pressure. generally an outer layer of polyester or nylon backed with a polyester film. the two layers are bonded together with high pressure and heat. these materials are inherently waterproof beacuse of the film backing.
• if you see the word “ultra” used in the naming that means it has uhmwpe in it.
• woven fabrics- standard fabrics that are made using a mill that weaves the fabric together. ripstops, meshes etc.